Sunday, June 29, 2008

Urban Farm Boots & Supplies


During my recent trip to Japan, I bought a pair of Tabi boots in the hardware section at Tokyu Hands (the world's most amazing store that has everything one could need in one place). The boots are traditionally worn by farmers, construction workers and rickshaw drivers. They come in a steel toe variety as well. I have found these boots to be the perfect footware for this project. Lightweight, cool, durable, protective, I have been wearing them everyday to work in the garden, walk through the empty lot and ride my bike.

Trying to minimize the number of trips up and down the stairs from the lot site to my loft, I have tried to compile what I need while working in the garden. One of the functions of the Urban Farm Cart will be to provide storage for tools and supplies, etc. so I have been noting what the Cart should offer in terms of size and space for storing items. Hand tools, gloves, water bottle, sunglasses, hat, iPod, cell phone, bag for carrying out trash, notebook, pen, seem to be some standard supplies.

No comments: